John F. Tanner & Associates specializes in governmental relations and in providing legal, consulting and lobbying services to clients who need assistance with state, national and international governments, agencies and bureaucracies.
Founded in 1978, we maintain extensive contacts throughout state government as well as with many city and county governments. With hundreds of departments, agencies, boards and commissions, the maze of bureaucracies can be daunting. We work with our clients to determine their particular goal then develop a strategy to help guide them through the bureaucracy to achieve their goal in the most cost effective way possible.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board We have extensive contacts and experience working with ABC on a broad array of issues from representing members of the industry with issues before the board to the listing of products.
- Bill Monitoring for clients that want to know of any legislation, rules or other departmental promulgations that may impact them.
- Bill Tracking for clients who want to follow particular bills through the legislative process.
- Lobbying We assist our clients in the active representation of their interests in the legislature or whatever venue necessary.
- Political Consultation We advise clients on political races, the candidate’s positions on issues and how those positions impact the client’s interests and if desired, the facilitation of the client’s involvement with a particular candidate.
- Procurements We assist businesses, contractors and vendors in navigating the complex maze of regulatory and statutory requirements to help prepare a successful contract, bid or RFP to win government or agency contracts.
- State Agency and Regulatory Advocacy. We assist clients with issues within the numerous agencies and departments of state government.
Our reputation as an effective, hard working, honest advocate for our clients is our stock in trade. With our experience and contacts we can help you achieve your objectives.